Whoa. How did almost a year go by without me posting anything?! SO sorry about that. Life has actually been pretty hectic over the course of a year. Tom and I finally got married May 28, of this year. It was literally the best.day.ever. We had such a good time, and a honeymoon to Belize the week after, was a pretty spectacular way to spend our summer. Of course planning the wedding was super stressful, and that kicked into high gear once the start of 2017 had rolled around.
Aside from that, my Etsy shop has really taken off recently so a lot of my free time has been devoted to that as well. I've added a new page on my site here that links you directly to my shop if you are interested in perusing gorgeous vintage home decor! I update the Etsy shop almost weekly so be sure to check back for new vintage finds.
Also, if you noticed on the sidebar of this site, I added link buttons to my Instagram and Pinterest pages. I post most frequently on Instagram with home decor inspo, and my latest vintage home goods finds, if you'd like to follow along!
I'm back today with a quick little refresh of some old Halloween decor I've had for awhile. This year I am not so much interested in going with the typical orange and red decor scheme for fall. Neutrals are totally calling my name this year. Anyone can tackle this project. It only took me about 30 minutes to complete!
All of my painting projects I start by wiping down the item to be painted with rubbing alcohol. This lets you start with a totally clean surface so the spray paint will adhere.
Once the rubbing alcohol has dried you are ready to paint.
Make sure your surface you are spraying on is covered if you do not want it and surrounding areas to be painted as well.
Start spraying in small strokes. You can always go back and spray again later!
You do not want to spray paint the whole item in one fell swoop. This will leave you with unevenness and drips.
I like to give it one light coat, wait 10 minutes for it to dry, and then continue with a second coat.
This item I ended up doing about 3 coats of paint on. Probably would've been only 2 if it hadn't been as windy outside as it was.
It will take a lot of will power for me to not spray everything in our house with this silver paint!
Hope you all enjoy your week!
Stay tuned for hopefully more posting soon <3
I have a quick little post for today about a quick and easy DIY project!
The thought of turning a tomato cage into a Christmas tree came to me while my mom was telling me about how she wanted to throw out her old garland. I don't have any pictures of the process since it is a pretty straightforward project.
All you will need is some garland (preferably free), tomato cage (also preferably free), and optional lights and decor.
Invert the tomato cage and start wrapping the garland around it until it resembles a tree : ) You may have to use thin craft wire for more support holding the garland to the cage.
Proceed to add lights or whatever decorations you like! I added a brick inside the base of mine to hold it down since I have it sitting on our front porch next the front door. I figured it might need some stability in case it got windy. It's been outside for a week now and has held up great!
I hope to be back this week to post a home tour with all our Christmas decor : )
"Decorate Purposefully, DIY Frugally" is my motto for helping turn our newly constructed house into a home. This is where I document the home projects my fiance and I are tackling along with our fur-baby bulldog!